Archivio della mailing list

[LugBS] Intervista Tanenbaum

Carlo Bertoldi mcbain a tiscali.it
Mar 22 Nov 2011 08:33:34 UTC
Vi giro un'interessante intervista al creatore di Minix, Linus(x) non
gli deve stare molto simpatico :)
http://linuxfr.org/nodes/88229/comments/1291183

Ad esempio:
LinuxFr.org : Do you think the Linux success is a proof he was right
or is it unrelated?

Andrew Tanenbaum : No, Linux "succeeded" because BSD was frozen out of
the market by AT&T at a crucial time. That's just dumb luck. Also,
success is relative. I run a political website that ordinary people
read. On that site statistics show that about 5% is Linux, 30% is
Macintosh (which is BSD inside) and the rest is Windows. These are
ordinary people, not computer geeks. I don't think of 5% as that big a
success story.

E i server? E l'embedded?
Buona lettura,
 Carlo

--
È molto più bello sapere qualcosa di tutto, che sapere tutto di una cosa.

Blaise Pascal