linux user group brescia

immagine del castello

Archivio della mailing list

amd...

andrea gelmini andrea.gelmini a lugbs.linux.it
Sab 6 Lug 2002 15:04:10 UTC
qualcuno ha idea di cosa si stia parlando, ed eventualmente provarlo?

-------------------------
It appears - though it is still too early to tell - that my problems with
the dual Athlon XP MP system has to do with something called "slew rate".
There is zero documentation on this feature in the motherboard manual, and
setting it to "auto" is what was causing the problem.

Apparently for XP processors, the "slew rate" must be set to "1".  So far
this has cleaned up the stability problems, and the 2.4.19.x kernel is
supporting the hardware in the box.  Speaking of 2.4.19, I'm looking
forward
eagerly for it to be nailed together.

ciao,
andrea
--
Sadly, database people don't seem to have any understanding of good taste,
and various OS people end up usually just saying "Yes, Mr Oracle, I'll