linux user group brescia

immagine del castello

Archivio della mailing list

date -d 'Sun Sep 9 03:46:40 CEST 2001' +%s

Mav mcbain a tiscalinet.it
Sab 8 Set 2001 13:52:38 UTC
On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 02:33:36PM +0200, marcoghidinelli wrote:

> skynet:~$ date -d 'Sun Sep  9 03:46:40 CEST 2001' +%s
> 1000000000
>
> siamo a 1 miliardo di secondi dall'epoch, cioe' dal 1/1/1970.
>
> festeggiate pure!
> :))
per chi come me non avesse capito nulla:

We started getting story submissions about this in March or so. Please stop
now. Sometime
         tomorrow, a little over a day from when this story goes up (local
time depends on your timezone),
         Unix's clock (which counts by seconds since January 1, 1970) will
roll over the one billion mark. A
         perl expression to find the local time of the momentous event is
left as an exercise for the reader.
         Conceivably some applications which don't allow for the extra
digit will fail. Openprojects.net is having a billenium party.
         Electromagnetic.net has a count-down timer. What are you doing for
the billenium? Updated by nik: If you're in
         Europe you might want to pop along to uptime(1), in Copenhagen.
ciao
	carlo