Archivio della mailing list

samba

Bauno bauno a inwind.it
Mer 7 Nov 2001 11:44:11 UTC
On Wed, 2001-11-07 at 10:59, marco ghidinelli wrote:
> > Può avere varie cause, la principale sembra Service Pack di W2k >= 1 e
> > "Unix password Sync" abilitato in smb.conf.
>
> che c'entra (o centra?) la unix password sync?

Forse niente, quel mex d'errore può avere anche altre cause (netlogon,
etc...), ma era un inizio.

> non dovrebbe fregargliene nulla a windoze delle password unix...

Questa è passata su samba-ntdom:

[...]
The next time I got a message of "The following error occurred
attempting to join the domain 'MY_DOM': The procedure number is out of
range". I recompiled the rpms several times and each time changing the
configure options until I had the same options the first time I got it
to work. Needless to say after several hours I could not get that
message to go away.

I then decided to look over the smb.conf file, which this is where I
struck pay dirt. When I first started I had included the option "unix
password sync = yes" so I could sync my unix passwords with my smb
passwords. Well when I disabled that option I was able to join the
domain just like before, without the procedure out of range message.

So apparently if you include the "unix password sync = yes" then you
will receive the procedure out of range message when trying to join the
machine to the domain.
[...]

> bauno: il consiglio sbagliato nel momento giusto.

Ghido, fammi un favore, non parlare. Anzi stai zitto. Anzi taci.

--
Bauno - ``Molti nemici, molto onore''
``He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man''